Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Games For Change Review: The Young Meteorologist Program

Games For Change Review: The Young Meteorologist Program



Overall, I give this game a 6 out of 10

First of all, I'd like to say that the information that this game gives is most definitely thorough and being a complete weather nut, I am absolutely happy about this fact. It gives so much information on the different weather dangers as well as makes sure that the player is well-rehearsed to know exactly what to do in each and every weather emergency. It's a definite must for early age learning, as well as a great activity for students, both home schooled and public schooled. 

On the flipside, however, it is the simple fact that this can even barely be called a "game." There is absolutely no replay value, and there is also very little actual interaction with the environment. The rolls of the dice are actually preprogrammed in to make sure that the story follows a certain path. This, for me personally, is a big no-no when it comes to calling something a "game." A game should have the sense of competition as well as some sort of unpredictable fun factor. Another slight downfall of the game is in fact with the information given. As I said above, I love the information and how in-depth it goes, however there is SO much information given that even I found it hard to stay attentive and withstand the long spiels that each scientist gives.

With all of this taken into account, it is by far definitely a great education tool, as well as a wonderful story for younger ages, but I find it difficult to actually call this particular piece a game.

To see what others thought of this game and to find out more information:


Be sure to check out my other content!

Tumblr: BringTheNoiseGaming

Follow me on Twitter: @BTN_Gaming

No comments:

Post a Comment